Comment on page
Official QUIDD Token Lightpaper, last edited September 16, 2021
The official token of the original digital collectibles & NFT marketplace.
- The QUIDD Token is the official utility token for the Quidd community of collectors, creators, and developers.
- Quidd is the original digital collectibles and NFT marketplace; for over five years, Quidd has facilitated the issuance, sale, and exchange of limited-edition, officially-licensed digital collectibles, featuring more than 325 of the world’s most popular brands, including Disney, Game Of Thrones, Rick And Morty, and more; digital collectibles on Quidd pre-date CryptoKitties by more than 18 months.
- Originally backed by Sequoia Capital and now part of the Animoca Brands family, Quidd serves over 7,000,000 mainstream digital collectors, stores over 2.1B pieces of individually-serialized digital artwork, and facilitates over 6 transactions-per-second in its aftermarket.
- A fungible utility token built, QUIDD is the centerpiece of a new, Internet-native, cooperative economic system aimed at building ecosystem resilience and longevity; the token’s mission is to enable “100 years of Quidd.”
- The total supply of QUIDD is fixed at 1,000,000,000 tokens.
WHY IS NOW A GREAT TIME?
- The Physical Collectibles Market Is Booming. The Global Sports Trading Card Market was valued at USD 13.83 Billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 98.75 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 23.01% from 2020 to 2027 (Verified Market Research).
- More And More Of This Market Is Shifting To Digital, Led By NFTs. NFT sales volume surged to USD 2.50 Billion in the first half of 2021 (Reuters) as total crypto wallet holders grew to 75 Million by July 2021 (Statista).
- Utility Tokens Are Essential Instruments To Nurture And Grow NFT Communities. DeFi token hit USD 84 Billion in total locked value as of August 2021 (DeFi Pulse).